Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2010 Adventure: Days 7 & 8

We arrived in Vancouver in the late afternoon. Our hotel was right next to Canada Place, so we checked in and then wandered around to see the sights.


In the guide book, the steam clock is marked as a "must see" and perhaps I am a jaded American, but when we saw the steam clock, I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it is cool and all, but the hearing the clock "toot" and release steam isn't very exciting.


The Dr. Sun Yet Sen Chinese Garden is really cool though. Although the Huntington Garden in San Marino is larger, the Dr. Sun Yet Sen Chinese Garden has more architectural details and is more authentic considering fifty-two craftsmen from Suzhou China, worked with Canadians to construct the garden with precise joinery without the use of nails, screws or glue.


The next day, we continued our Vancouver sightseeing adventures and visited Granville Island. I got the impression that Granville Island is a giant tourist trap, but maybe I would go there because of my love for farmer's markets if I were a resident of Vancouver, who knows.



I would definitely visit Stanley Park regularly if I lived in Vancouver. The park is spacious and offers art, a variety of nature trails, and much more to it's visitors.



There are lots of totem poles in Vancouver so I felt the need to include at least one picture of them from our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment