Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Things To Eat

Since I last blogged about Jonathan Gold's article (refer to my Things To Eat post), a friend told me about a list of 100 Things You Should Try Before You Die in San Francisco (shout out to Ophs for the tip!) by 7x7.com. The list is driven solely by diners opinions and MH and I would have to agree with the items we've had so far.

Checked off the list:
  • Morning Bun at Tartine Bakery
  • Crab with Cellophane Noodles at The Slanted Door
  • Porchetta Sandwich at Roli Roti
  • Pizza Margherita at Pizzeria Delfina
  • Salumi Misti Plate at Perbacco
  • Tuna Tartare and a Gin Martini at Bix
  • Salty Caramel Ice Cream at Bi-Rite Creamery

Over the weekend, MH and I took a road trip to the bay area and while we were there I found something thing that I would add to the list, a Reaper Bun from OctoberFeast Bakery. It was explained to me as something like a caramelized morning bun, but even as delicious as that sounds I think the actual thing is better. I imagine that the obscene amounts of butter and sugar used to make these delicious treats are what gives them their name, so they are definitely not a good fit for palettes sensitive to sugar overload. However, I would eat one or two in a sitting the next time I have the chance. I made the mistake of eating half to save the rest for later and the next day it just wasn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment