Friday, November 2, 2012

Seoul Lantern Festival

After a long week in the office, I was excited to hit the streets of Seoul and check out the Lantern Festival. 

"One of the capital's flagship events, the Seoul Lantern Festival is a visual feast of hundreds of thousands of lanterns hand-crafted by local and international artisans. This year, the lanterns will interpret the theme "Seoul's Roots, the Lifestyles of Our Ancestors" - and will highlight Seoul's 2000 year-old history and many traditions." - VisitSeoul.net




The variety of lanterns were really cool. However, after walking down the Cheonggyecheon stream for a few blocks I decided to call it a night. The festival attracted hoards of people and working through the crowds to see the different lantern displays wasn't pleasant. On top of that, the aromas from the fried street food carts ended up being more than my nose and stomach could handle so I decided that heading back to the hotel was the best idea before I started feeling too queasy. I'm totally weak sauce, I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment