Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Day Trip To Malaka

Over the weekend, MH and I took the bus to Malaka, Malaysia. We weren't sure what to expect and arrived ready to try the local cuisine. 



Malaysians like their food S-P-I-C-Y and I could not hang. MH had the chicken dish pictured on the top and I had the noodle dish pictured on the bottom. All of the little flecks of red are chili and I was unsuccessful picking enough of them off to make the noodles palatable for my weeny taste buds. Instead I gulped down a refreshing watermelon juice.


All of the sights are clustered together in the center of town and it didn't take MH and me too long to get to each of them by foot.




In the event you weren't interested in walking, an assortment of gentleman peddling decked out bicycles were cruising the town for your convenience. Each bicycle had it's own decorative theme and some even had stereos blasting music.


Before heading home, MH sat at the restaurant behind the water mill and enjoyed some refreshing beverages. Visiting Malaka was nice to check off our list, but I don't think we would feel the need to visit again anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment