Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mostly Pretzel Buns And Some Pretzels

Pretzels are fantastic. They are great for snacks and MH says they are great for breakfast too. The Joy of Cooking has a simple recipe that doesn't require anything out of the norm from your kitchen/pantry. I split the batch to make salted pretzels and cinnamon sugar pretzels.


Clearly, I am not the best pretzel maker. Most of them turned into pretzel buns instead of pretzels. I should have rolled out the dough into longer strips to give the dough more space to rise without impeding the classic pretzel shape. Good to know for next time I guess.

These pretzels definitely weren't the best I have ever had. Auntie Anne's and the Amish pretzels at the Philadelphia Reading Terminal Market are better without a doubt, but I think they give Wetzel's Pretzels a good run for their money. Nevertheless, pretzels are another thing I can check off of my list and say I made from scratch.

1 comment:

  1. i thought they were groovy looking donuts!! mmmmm bread

    ReplyDelete