Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scoops Westside

A few years ago, MH and I discovered Scoops through Yelp and it quickly became my favorite ice cream shop in Los Angeles. Scoops isn't your standard ice cream shop, they do not carry vanilla, strawberry, or even chocolate. Every time you visit the shop you are bound to find new flavors that you've probably never had before e.g. chocolate lemon, espresso peanut butter, & cappuccino hazelnut. Some flavors are better than others, but I have always found a flavor (or two) that I liked.

My only complaint about Scoops is that it isn't particularly close to our house. Located by Los Angeles Community College at 712 N Heliotrope Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90029, going to Scoops isn't always a convenient trip. However, thanks to food blogger turned franchisee/entrepreneur Mattatouille aka Matthew Kang, my only Scoops complaint has been resolved. Scoops Westside is located at 3400 Overland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034 and is open for business!


Scoops Westside Store Front

Only two months into business, the store is still growing into it's space. There are minimal decorations inside and out, however don't let that deter you. The ice cream is still great and although prices are a notch higher than the original, I thought of it as a premium for it's convenience.


Ice Cream Case

I had the pandan coconut and pina colada while MH had the black sesame banana and all were delish! You can follow Scoops Westside on twitter to read about their current flavors and treats. If you have the chance to try it, please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment