Friday, March 4, 2011

The Garden State & The Big Apple

This week I had my first New Jersey experience! Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to visit the Jersey Shore, but seeing is as how there was a high of 45 degrees while I was there, it was probably a trip best saved for another time.

However, I did take an adventurous trip and drove to New York to visit Big Jules. Getting through the Lincoln tunnel was quite an experience and then driving up Madison Avenue and down 5th Avenue was something else! I saw practically every store imaginable while I was driving up Madison Avenue and then quickly passed the Guggenheim, Madison Square Garden, and Carnegie Hall. Jules showed me the ropes of taking the New York subway, we took a quick stroll through Central Park, and visited Times Square.

A Chilly Afternoon In Central Park

Unfortunately, the rest of my trip wasn't as exciting since I was there for work, but Summit and Basking Ridge, New Jersey are both very cute towns. I look forward to seeing what all New Jersey has to offer with the hope that MTV's Jersey Shore series isn't capturing it's only highlights. I hope to make it to Carlo's Bakery to taste what the Cake Boss has to offer. I wonder if their cakes live up to all of the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment